Hello and Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog.

This is my very first one, so bear with me and enjoy reading about my adventures cooking all of the recipes from Nigella Lawson's new book 'Kitchen'.

From time-to-time I may post about things other than cooking, after all, Nigella does sell a lifestyle that most women would like have a slice of, so I would like to share a bit of mine - not quite as glamorous but fun none-the-less (may I add that most of my ideas and thoughts revolve around food anyway)!

Just to set the scene a little, I am based in Yorkshire, live with my husband and gorgeous toddler who is rapidly approaching his second year. I work in the events industry and love music, books, fashion, culture and of course... food.

Enjoy.

Goddess Mx (meant in the loosest possible sense, believe me)!

Thursday 28 October 2010

Walking on Sunshine

Well, yesterday was a sunny old day, and not as cold as normal either. A few little nice things have happened this week which have added a little sparkle in my life. The biggest sparkler was all was the news that a large high-street jeweller - who I have been battling with for the past couple of months - have finally agreed to replace a diamond that had fallen out of my eternity ring which I have only had since Little M was born. They were adamant that it was 'accidental damage' but surely eternity means more than a couple of years eh? Another act of kindness was a colleague at work whose brother got me a signed backstage pass from a James gig he went to in the US. It is pinned up on my noticeboard at work to make me smile, along with other things that make me happy: a 'You are my sunshine' postcard; a photo that my brother had taken of Loch Lomond; and a laminated 'first runner-up' award that I was given for a tongue-in-cheek bake-a-cake competition at work (for chocolate marble cake).


To celebrate all things sunny I made Sunshine Soup. A very humble soup consisting of blistered (in the oven) garlicky, oily yellow and orange peppers, sweetcorn, vegetable stock and a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Happy days. Hope the sun is shining for you.

Goddess Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment