Hello and Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog.

This is my very first one, so bear with me and enjoy reading about my adventures cooking all of the recipes from Nigella Lawson's new book 'Kitchen'.

From time-to-time I may post about things other than cooking, after all, Nigella does sell a lifestyle that most women would like have a slice of, so I would like to share a bit of mine - not quite as glamorous but fun none-the-less (may I add that most of my ideas and thoughts revolve around food anyway)!

Just to set the scene a little, I am based in Yorkshire, live with my husband and gorgeous toddler who is rapidly approaching his second year. I work in the events industry and love music, books, fashion, culture and of course... food.

Enjoy.

Goddess Mx (meant in the loosest possible sense, believe me)!

Sunday 31 October 2010

Spooky Scallops

Well, this is the weekend of Halloween and is it just me, or is the UK going mad over it or what? Everywhere you look there seems to be someone walking down the street with a pumpkin, and the supermarkets are going crazy with in-your-face merchandise. Little M has a spider outfit for the 'cuteness' factor, plus the fact that we have a party this afternoon. I have bought a children's spider hairband so that we co-ordinate - sad huh? Was going to make something to take but have opted for spider cupcakes from the patisserie counter at Waitrose.


I was going to theme my cooking this weekend to relate to the festivities, but as it happens, I seem to be using green food which is kinda scarey in a way (I remember at school having our milk in little bottles dyed with purple food colouring). First on the menu last night we had Scallops with Thai-Scented Pea Puree which was nice. I cautiously cooked the scallops as I didn't want to over/underdo the little luscious coins. They were good, but I think I could do with some practice. As you can see from the photo, it definitely looks like home fodder, especially as there was a ton of puree! I did follow the quantities in the recipe so if Nigella says!

Right, must go and party but more later on Key Lime Pie (more green food) which is chilling in the fridge.

Ooooooooohh.

Goddess Mx

1 comment:

  1. Mhm. It does look a bit scary. Only a teeny tiny bit though. x

    ReplyDelete