Hello and Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog.

This is my very first one, so bear with me and enjoy reading about my adventures cooking all of the recipes from Nigella Lawson's new book 'Kitchen'.

From time-to-time I may post about things other than cooking, after all, Nigella does sell a lifestyle that most women would like have a slice of, so I would like to share a bit of mine - not quite as glamorous but fun none-the-less (may I add that most of my ideas and thoughts revolve around food anyway)!

Just to set the scene a little, I am based in Yorkshire, live with my husband and gorgeous toddler who is rapidly approaching his second year. I work in the events industry and love music, books, fashion, culture and of course... food.

Enjoy.

Goddess Mx (meant in the loosest possible sense, believe me)!

Thursday 7 October 2010

Muffin Mania


Was kind of relieved in a way that our guest for the evening called-off so that I could concentrate on the task in-hand - making my first sweet treat Apple and Cinnamon Muffins. Mixed all my ingredients up and realised fatal error that I didn't have honey in the house. After deliberating over whether syrup would be an adequate substitute I decided not (too sugary, and already loads of sugar in the recipe), and made the dash after Little M's bedtime to buy some. 30 mins later and my glorious muffins (just the right size, not like the manufactured bulging sort that make you feel sick) were ready to devour. They were really yummy, particularly the crunchy sugar-cinnamon-almondy topping, and enough to take a batch into work.

Not much else to report of a Wednesday evening. Just telly (The Apprentice, so loads of shouting at the the box) and a snuggle up with my fave glossy - Grazia.

Dinner pre muffins was scrambled eggs and toast - cosy, scrummy dinner a la Master M. Tonight I am cooking Fajitas and am going to do a spot of yoga if it kills me. Need to balance out all this eating somehow, although it is good to have a little extra cuddliness over the colder months which are fastly approaching... Roll on christmas so that I can get making foodie gifts.

Goddess Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment