Hello and Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog.

This is my very first one, so bear with me and enjoy reading about my adventures cooking all of the recipes from Nigella Lawson's new book 'Kitchen'.

From time-to-time I may post about things other than cooking, after all, Nigella does sell a lifestyle that most women would like have a slice of, so I would like to share a bit of mine - not quite as glamorous but fun none-the-less (may I add that most of my ideas and thoughts revolve around food anyway)!

Just to set the scene a little, I am based in Yorkshire, live with my husband and gorgeous toddler who is rapidly approaching his second year. I work in the events industry and love music, books, fashion, culture and of course... food.

Enjoy.

Goddess Mx (meant in the loosest possible sense, believe me)!

Monday 11 October 2010

I only forgot the best one...


Yesterday I was poorly sick again - the price you pay when you have a toddler at nursery. I think this made me forget to post about one of the best dishes yet, which we ate on Friday night - Lamb with Rosemary and Port. We have so many half-opened bottles of port at home that I was glad to find this little gem of a recipe. I had bought the 'Essentials Waitrose' lamb steaks and was concerned that these would be like the 'Sainsburys Basics' range (not that hot on quality). However, I was pleasantly surprised. We had the meat with mashed potato and asparagus. I did struggle to find rosemary though, so had to use dried Herbs de Provence which seemed to work ok.

Nigella reckons that she adds port to cooking instead of opening a bottle of red wine, in the same way she would add vermouth rather than white wine to say a risotto. Will be using port more often. Marsala is good too as an alternative to red.

Tonight I shall be cooking Chicken with Tarragon Sauce, and tidying up my messy house.

Goddess Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment