Hello and Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog.

This is my very first one, so bear with me and enjoy reading about my adventures cooking all of the recipes from Nigella Lawson's new book 'Kitchen'.

From time-to-time I may post about things other than cooking, after all, Nigella does sell a lifestyle that most women would like have a slice of, so I would like to share a bit of mine - not quite as glamorous but fun none-the-less (may I add that most of my ideas and thoughts revolve around food anyway)!

Just to set the scene a little, I am based in Yorkshire, live with my husband and gorgeous toddler who is rapidly approaching his second year. I work in the events industry and love music, books, fashion, culture and of course... food.

Enjoy.

Goddess Mx (meant in the loosest possible sense, believe me)!

Wednesday 27 October 2010

A Cosy Dinner for Two


On the menu last night was Redcurrant and Mint Lamb Cutlets, followed by leftover Pandowdy. Easy peasy and a nice dinner to make for friends. The lamb is just panfried as it is in garlic oil. After the lamb was removed from the pan, I chucked in my clementine juice, sherry vinegar, salt/pepper, redcurrant jelly and worcestershire sauce and whisked together with the gorgeous lamb juices. I then served up all of this with a tangle of rocket leaves and the newly brilliant (to us) rapid roastini (or shallow-fried gnocchi).

I feel like I now have more knowledge of the basics that you should have in your kitchen cupboard, so might post this soon. At the top of this list though is garlic oil which I have used every day since the start of the project - well, in the savoury dishes anyway. What is the point in crushing some garlic into standard olive oil when you can buy it already done? Another essential is worcestershire sauce (for a bit of zing), followed by spring onions which can easily be snipped into a dish rather than chopping an onion which brings on floods of tears.

Goddess Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment