Hello and Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog.

This is my very first one, so bear with me and enjoy reading about my adventures cooking all of the recipes from Nigella Lawson's new book 'Kitchen'.

From time-to-time I may post about things other than cooking, after all, Nigella does sell a lifestyle that most women would like have a slice of, so I would like to share a bit of mine - not quite as glamorous but fun none-the-less (may I add that most of my ideas and thoughts revolve around food anyway)!

Just to set the scene a little, I am based in Yorkshire, live with my husband and gorgeous toddler who is rapidly approaching his second year. I work in the events industry and love music, books, fashion, culture and of course... food.

Enjoy.

Goddess Mx (meant in the loosest possible sense, believe me)!

Wednesday 12 January 2011

Thanking our lucky stars

Us Brits are terrible at complaining about stuff, and the weather probably tops the bill - either too hot/cold/wet/snowy. When you look at what is going on in Australia it all pales into significance. Today in Leeds the ground is wet but the temperature is rising and the sun is smiling in the sky. Let us be thankful for what we have and spare a thought for those struggling down-under.

I was chuffed yesterday arriving home to see that Master M had bought some ingredients for me to make Pasta with Spinach, Feta and Pinenuts. While the pasta was cooking, I heated up some garlic oil and added some sliced onion to cook on a slow-heat for 10 minutes before adding a touch of mixed spice. I then added some toasted pinenuts, spinach, feta, salt and pepper, tossed together et voila - a delightful cosy meal a deux. I always feel good once I have had some spinach. Popeye eat your heart out!

To top the day off, my lovely huz made me a Green and Blacks hot chocolate with a shot of Kahlua which means I have fallen off the wagon, 11 days into January. Predictable! Heavenly and worth it though.

Goddess Mx

PS - next dish won't be pasta as have made it twice in one week now. Carbelicious.

7 comments:

  1. The news reports footage of the Australian flooding is just terrible to see. And apparently that region of Australia is due to receive heavy rainfall for the next 3 months too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw how sweet is Master M! Is that recipe from Kitchen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is dreadful to hear how long the flooding is due to go on.

    Yup, the recipe is from 'Kitchen'. Blogging my way through 'em slowly but surely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tis indeed terrible what is happening in Oz, news from back home is very sad. On a bright note though (for me at least) all my rels and friends are safe and sound for the time being. I bet they would love a big bowl of this pasta though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. People around the world have been so touched by what's happening back home in Aus. It's lovely to know.

    That pasta looks delicious by the way.

    Thanks for linking up to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for reminding us about what is going on in Australia. It also reminds us to be thankful for what we have and that we are safe.

    How thoughtful of Master M. for picking up the ingredients for dinner. I would have been more appreciative if he'd cooked it for me! LOL! But he does get more brownie points for making the hot chocolate with Kahlua! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a disaster in Australia. Nature can be cruel. On the brighter side your dish looks delicious. Spinach, onions and feta with pasta. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete