Hello and Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog.

This is my very first one, so bear with me and enjoy reading about my adventures cooking all of the recipes from Nigella Lawson's new book 'Kitchen'.

From time-to-time I may post about things other than cooking, after all, Nigella does sell a lifestyle that most women would like have a slice of, so I would like to share a bit of mine - not quite as glamorous but fun none-the-less (may I add that most of my ideas and thoughts revolve around food anyway)!

Just to set the scene a little, I am based in Yorkshire, live with my husband and gorgeous toddler who is rapidly approaching his second year. I work in the events industry and love music, books, fashion, culture and of course... food.

Enjoy.

Goddess Mx (meant in the loosest possible sense, believe me)!

Friday 17 December 2010

My Big Fat Greek Christmas

First of all, Chilli Jam update... I reheated the jam for a good ten minutes (boiling) and then tested on chilled saucers and could tell straight away that it had worked, so success!


Today I made Marinated Feta. When you think of Christmas, Aegean cheese is not the first thing that springs to mind. However, just like the Festive Salt, this dish LOOKS like Christmas - red crushed chillis (as with the salt), dried mint, and dried oregano were sprinkled over the crumbly cubes of feta, distributed among two jars, and each doused with olive oil. Need to wait a week now to try so maybe on Chrimbo eve we can all make like we are Shirley Valentine and eat Greek Salads, although it seems a bit wrong in this climate at the moment. I do think it will make a mean addition to the Boxing Day 'Cold Cuts and Salads' table.

You may have noticed that I have slacked off somewhat on the old 'one recipe a day'. As with 'Julie and Julia' I think to do this realistically, something in your life would have to give - sanity, relationship, career, the list goes on. I must admit, I think it was becoming a bit of a chore for me to HAVE to cook everyday and was beginning to take the fun out of it, so I am just going to plod along now. I may make a long list of stuff one week, and then nothing the next. The main thing is to enjoy, which I am keen to keep doing.

Happy Friday.

Goddess Mx

2 comments:

  1. Glad the chilli jam worked out.

    I must try the feta - I think I have all the ingredients in the house, I'm a big fan of the leftovers after Christmas (almost the best bit!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your feta sounds delicious! Can't wait to try it! Thanks for stopping by my blog, try the pork, you'll love it! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete