Hello and Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog.

This is my very first one, so bear with me and enjoy reading about my adventures cooking all of the recipes from Nigella Lawson's new book 'Kitchen'.

From time-to-time I may post about things other than cooking, after all, Nigella does sell a lifestyle that most women would like have a slice of, so I would like to share a bit of mine - not quite as glamorous but fun none-the-less (may I add that most of my ideas and thoughts revolve around food anyway)!

Just to set the scene a little, I am based in Yorkshire, live with my husband and gorgeous toddler who is rapidly approaching his second year. I work in the events industry and love music, books, fashion, culture and of course... food.

Enjoy.

Goddess Mx (meant in the loosest possible sense, believe me)!

Thursday 30 September 2010

Handbags, scarves and Pasta alla Genovese with potatoes, green beans and pesto

I always love the drive home from work. No matter how weary I feel after a hard day's slog, I never fail to be cheered up by the fancy dress parade in Leeds' student suburb which is host to an infamous pub-crawl. How can you feel fed-up when affronted by young lads walking up the road dressed in outfits as unoriginal as dressing gowns and slippers, through to camptastic Village People wannabes? However, yesterday it wasn't the outfits that made me smile, but my lovely son who was adorned with handbags and scarves when I collected him from nursery. How have Master M and I managed to create such an amazing little person? So, off we went home to raid my wardrobe for bags and scarves to continue the fun.


For dinner we had Pasta alla Genovese which is basically pinenut-free pesto with pasta, potatoes and green beans. It was a satisfying meal but I think the pesto was a tad on the bitter side, perhaps due to me adding the basil stalks. Oh well, I live and learn. Master M omitted the green beans as he considers them devil's food.

Tonight I am going to cook Chicken Tereyaki for tonight, and will prepare Saturday's Turkey Meatballs so that we can kick-back and enjoy 'Strictly' without having to think about prepping the weekend's food.

Before all that though, I am going to Waitrose which opens today - woo hoo! There are green banners enticing me there everywhere I look - railings, bus-stops, billboard advertisements. Was considering taking a last-minute day's annual leave just so that I could go but thought that a bit short-sighted. After all it can wait until lunchtime when I can drive over! Also, Nigella's 'Kitchen' is on tonight so the wait is nearly over. Have had a sneak preview of what she is cooking on the BBC website, none of which I have made yet. Think the highlight will be her Peanut Butter Cheesecake.

Until tomorrow.

Goddess Mx

1 comment:

  1. Such fun to play with handbags and scarves with your little one! That dinner looks fabulous! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete