Hello and Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog.

This is my very first one, so bear with me and enjoy reading about my adventures cooking all of the recipes from Nigella Lawson's new book 'Kitchen'.

From time-to-time I may post about things other than cooking, after all, Nigella does sell a lifestyle that most women would like have a slice of, so I would like to share a bit of mine - not quite as glamorous but fun none-the-less (may I add that most of my ideas and thoughts revolve around food anyway)!

Just to set the scene a little, I am based in Yorkshire, live with my husband and gorgeous toddler who is rapidly approaching his second year. I work in the events industry and love music, books, fashion, culture and of course... food.

Enjoy.

Goddess Mx (meant in the loosest possible sense, believe me)!

Wednesday 29 September 2010

(Just the right amount of) Sweet and Sour Chicken


So, after saying I wouldn't cook last night, I did after all and I think it was just what the Doctor ordered! My favourite kind of cooking is the one-pot variety where you just keep popping things in, a bit like a witches' brew. Very therapeutic. So instead of frog's legs and spiders (very apt on the approach to Halloween), in went red onion, chicken, red pepper, chinese 5-spice, beansprouts and waterchestnuts, among an array of other delights. I then left it to 'bubble, bubble, toil and trouble' while I tidied the day's chaos from the kitchen and prepared the rice.

Master M and I tucked in whilst watching the fifth episode of BBC drama 'The Deep', which was dissapointing and far-fetched in the extreme. Just as well we had a yummy dinner. The balance of sweet and sour was just right for me, gladly, after last night's fiasco of a meal. Master M gave it a 3/5 saying that it was maybe a bit runny, but I liked it that way.

Might do the pesto dish tonight. Will see where the mood takes me.

Goddess Mx

1 comment:

  1. One pot meals are my favorite! So easy and so tasty!

    ReplyDelete