Hello and Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog.

This is my very first one, so bear with me and enjoy reading about my adventures cooking all of the recipes from Nigella Lawson's new book 'Kitchen'.

From time-to-time I may post about things other than cooking, after all, Nigella does sell a lifestyle that most women would like have a slice of, so I would like to share a bit of mine - not quite as glamorous but fun none-the-less (may I add that most of my ideas and thoughts revolve around food anyway)!

Just to set the scene a little, I am based in Yorkshire, live with my husband and gorgeous toddler who is rapidly approaching his second year. I work in the events industry and love music, books, fashion, culture and of course... food.

Enjoy.

Goddess Mx (meant in the loosest possible sense, believe me)!

Friday 24 September 2010

Fritatta and Crust-Free Pizza, but not all in one night...


So, I had mentioned that I had to substitute the ham for my fritatta but I was really annoyed with myself when I got home and realised that I'd bought coriander instead of parsley - duh! Coriander isn't even an italian herb so I didn't want to use it at the risk of ruining the dish so I used some (very wilting in a pot) basil instead. Nigella wouldn't be impressed! Anyway the results were great and I went back for second helpings. Here is a photo which doesn't do the meal any justice. I need a food photographer to come and live in my house.


Today's challenge was easy-peasy and completely delicious. I am having such fun with all of this. I made crustless pizza which is basically made with batter instead of bread. This worried me due to me and Master M being hopeless when it comes to making Toad in the Hole, no matter which recipe we follow. The only difference with the batter is that you chuck in some grated cheese - divine. Watching through the oven door I could see the base bellowing to huge proportions and thought 'oh no, not again' but after I added the topping - more cheese and sliced chorizo sausage - put it back in to melt, and took it out again, it deflated just as quickly and looked superb (in my culinary expert opinion)! As satisfying as it was, as someone who does enjoy a good pizza, I like it the traditional way. Crustless pizza sounded like a healthy-option but it was actually quite heavy, although I think it might be just what is needed for Master M when he comes in from his booze-induced evening.

Tomorrow is crisp chicken cutlets, followed by cheesy chilli on Sunday. It is all quite like student-fodder at the moment which I am loving. I'll blog again when I can. Was going to do it every day but by the time I have shopped, cooked and all the other stuff daily life entails, it sometimes doesn't happen!

Night.

Goddess Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment