Hello and Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog.

This is my very first one, so bear with me and enjoy reading about my adventures cooking all of the recipes from Nigella Lawson's new book 'Kitchen'.

From time-to-time I may post about things other than cooking, after all, Nigella does sell a lifestyle that most women would like have a slice of, so I would like to share a bit of mine - not quite as glamorous but fun none-the-less (may I add that most of my ideas and thoughts revolve around food anyway)!

Just to set the scene a little, I am based in Yorkshire, live with my husband and gorgeous toddler who is rapidly approaching his second year. I work in the events industry and love music, books, fashion, culture and of course... food.

Enjoy.

Goddess Mx (meant in the loosest possible sense, believe me)!

Sunday 14 November 2010

Japanese Prawns and a Giddy Geisha

Picture the scene... Me adorned in a beautiful silk kimono, hair in an impressive up-do, immaculate make-up, gracefully pottering around my gleaming kitchen making a Japanese feast.

Cut to the reality. Me looking pasty and make-up free with one-day old hair slapped back in a messy knot, wearing a pink White Company dressing gown stained with porridge and all sorts, courtesy of Little M. Stumbling into the kitchen, I did manage to cook some divine Japanese Prawns, all within five minutes. These babies were cooked in a sauce made up of Mirin, Sake, Wasabi and spring onions, toppled onto a plate piled high of lettuce and coriander. Feeling pleased with myself on a relatively healthy dinner, I poured myself a Giddy Geisha - a shot of sake with tonic water and a dash of elderflower cordial. Naughty but nice.

Sayounara.

Goddess Mx

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious. Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a new follower - always lovely to see a new blogger.

    ReplyDelete