Hello and Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog.

This is my very first one, so bear with me and enjoy reading about my adventures cooking all of the recipes from Nigella Lawson's new book 'Kitchen'.

From time-to-time I may post about things other than cooking, after all, Nigella does sell a lifestyle that most women would like have a slice of, so I would like to share a bit of mine - not quite as glamorous but fun none-the-less (may I add that most of my ideas and thoughts revolve around food anyway)!

Just to set the scene a little, I am based in Yorkshire, live with my husband and gorgeous toddler who is rapidly approaching his second year. I work in the events industry and love music, books, fashion, culture and of course... food.

Enjoy.

Goddess Mx (meant in the loosest possible sense, believe me)!

Monday 15 November 2010

Easy like Sunday morning

Sunday is my second-best day of the week. Naturally, Saturday is better as you have that wonderful feeling of another day ahead before you have to jump on that old treadmill of the working-week. We had an easy morning yesterday, as it should be on a Sunday, pottering around the house before heading out to church, and then a treat at the Waitrose coffee shop - fruit smoothies balanced out with cake for mummy and daddy, and a yummy fruit salad for Little M.

The rest of the day was non-eventful, just as I like it, so it made sense that dinner should follow-suit. Spanish Chicken with Chorizo and Potatoes is a straight-forward, no-messing kind-of dish - chicken thighs, chorizo (£7 worth for two of us!), red onion, new potatoes, oregano and olive oil in a shallow tray, cooked in a hot oven for an hour, and enjoyed. We did enjoy it but I did get the feeling that it wasn't that great for me - very salty. I had high expectations of this that didn't match up, but then you can't win 'em all can you?

I bought some pumpkin yesterday whilst they are still in season, and with it I intend to make some chutney. Need to find some jars, and some pretty christmas stickers to label them with. This is where my dometic goddess skills really need to up their game! If I can pull this off, I will be feeling very smug.

Goddess Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment